The Airbus A380 -
- Is the largest passenger airliner in the world
- Is much larger than the Boeing 747 of yesteryears
- Has a full double deck
- Is ultra wide bodied
- Has a seating capacity: 525 - 800+ depending on configuration
- Has a range of 8000 mi/15000km - enough to fly from New York to HongKong!
- Has a cruising speed of 900km/h or 560 mi/h (Mach 0.85)
- Has a wing span of 79.8m/261 ft - wider than a football field!
- Weighs in at a massive 276.8 tonnes/75000+ lbs (empty), but is made of new, lighter and stronger composite material and
- Can carry 310,000 litres of fuel
The A380 is engineered to be -
- Cleaner & Greener
- Roomier (or comfortable)
- Lighter, and
And, if you're wondering, if you could buy one for yourself? All this comes at a price tag of $300+ million.